Thursday 25 August 2011

Torino Without Borders - Internship in Torino





Cecilia Martino, 28, Argentina, Development Internship in Torino, February-April 2011




Teaching in Torino was an excellent experience for me because made me really get in touch with the Italian culture,  think out of the box, adapt quickly  to another environment, be more creative, and change my way of teaching. Thanks to project “Torino without Borders” my most developed skills are enjoying participating, because I’m really enjoyed my time with the students sharing experiences and our own cultures, and striving for excellence because I realized that through me the students were getting in touch with my country so, I always tried to gave the best of me.

However I think that the most important thing is the positive impact that we were making in a lot of a people. I realized that by representing AIESEC and our countries we were “touching” not only the students but also their families, the professors of the schools, our neighbors in the building we used to live, the AIESEC in Torino committee and even people that we met randomly. That is the main goal of AIESEC and I can tell from the interested shown by the students, their questions or when a professor was thanking us a lot for our job, that we achieved it.



But I think that what really enriched me was to live with the others interns, learn from their cultures, habits, religions, customs, etc. Of course that my English has improved a lot but also I developed a lot of empathy and awareness of others. The great thing is that in a very short period of time we were like a family, helping each other, dining together, traveling or simply hanging out . Now I can say that I have very good friends in different  parts of the world that they will be always in my heart.

On the other hand this exchange also made me understand my origins as an Argentinean; from where we come from, our customs, our dances, our food, etc! So, I’m very grateful to have had this opportunity and the only thing I can say now is: Torino I miss you a lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment