Tuesday 24 May 2011

My AIESEC Exchange Experience of Andrea Lombardo

Andrea Lombardo, 20 years, Torino, Development Internship in China, April-May 2011

Here I am to live this experience with AIESEC, after some thoughts on what would have been my destination for my adventure at the end I decided: CHINA!
Just arrived...I have been poured in another culture different from mine, other costumes, food, people...but passed the initial impact I started to get used to this new reality and live my experience!
I'm exactly in Tianjin Yinghua International School as a teacher, being in contact with young Koreans, Japanese, Uzbekistan.

The best thing that happened to me until now it's been receiving a message from a Chinese guy that said: "Andrea King, I believe in your success, friends forever...".
Bringing joy to others and to be returned is truly rewarding.
Having an experience with AIESEC especially trying to do an internship in development as I am doing is something that I recommend to everyone, or at least to those who have at least a little spirit of initiative and adaptability and that would like to get involved in another reality completely different.

It would be certainly an indelible experience to take with you.

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Andrea!

    My name is Joana and i am from Portugal. At the moment I am searching a project in order to start my AIESEC experience in the beginning of July and I was thinking to go to China. Today I discovered this project to teach in Tianjin Yinghua International School and also discovered this blog. Would you be so kind and tell me a little bit more about the experience you had? And concerning accommodation, did you stay in some host family? Was it near the school? How was the reception? I really hope you can help me with my doubts.

    Grazie 1000,

    Joana

    ReplyDelete